Re: Boot Qube1 or 2 from a CompactFlash Card?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Boot Qube1 or 2 from a CompactFlash Card?
- From: "Ch. Odenthal" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:48:43 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hello to all,
last weekend, i tried my CF adapter with a 8GB 233x CFCard and it works fine.
I see no speed difference to my old harddisk.
And: its very quiet ;-)
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Mark <email@example.com>
I've used NetBSD and Debian Etch .. I thought DebianLive was limited
On Oct 30, 4:40 am, "Chris Thomas" <sruch...@gmail.com
> What OS are you using on your CF card? Debian? DebianLive? How are you
> minimizing writes? I'm interested in using a CF card in my Qube.
to x86, PPC and Sparc ?
I'm not doing anything really to minimize writes apart from turning
off swap (got 256Mb in the Qube2), I'm just trying to source a simple
PCI SATA adapter that doesn;t have "RAID" and I'll install a big arse
disk inside the Qube .. then I'll move write intensive stuff to that.
My adapter is similar to this one: