Re: lenny installer on Indigo2

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:41:22PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Nick Schmalenberger <nick@schmalenberger.us> [2008-03-19 14:14]:
> > console=g
>
> I believe this has to be set to d1.

Well, I ended up getting the console set to the graphic output that I
don't have a compatible monitor for, so after doing other things I
finally did the password reset jumper which allowed me to use the serial
console again and reset the nvram, with console to d. With todays daily
build of netboot-boot.img it booted immediately with kernel 2.6.24 and
went all through the debian installer very nicely. (although I am
curious why the regular partitioner is not used). Yay!

The only thing wrong with the install was it didn't enable a getty on
ttyS0. I also thought that if you do an ssh installer console that it
uses the host keys for the installed system but that didn't seem to be
the case here either. Other than that it was very smooth. There were a
few kernel oops too, but now I have the kerneloops package so hopefully
they will be kept track of. Thanks for all help! Dmesg is attached.
Nick Schmalenberger