Re: Just got a SGI O2

Thanks to Giuseppe and Thiemo

I was able to boot into single user mode. (I think) Then, aided by some googling, I learned that with debian I still needed the root password... :-) Forunately I had a PC w/ SCSI and a SCA/50p/68p adapter available. I mounted the disk from the O2 and removed the root password entry from /etc/shadow.

The CDROM does seems to have a hardware fault. I think I have a couple of standard 5¼" drives around. I have not opened the O2 yet but I hope they will fit.

BR
--
Torbjørn Heltne