Re: Debian 4 on Qube 2700

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2007-08-29 14:18]:
Peter Horton tested Debian etch (with linux-image-2.6.18-5-r5k-cobalt)
on his Qube 2700 the last few days and says that it's working for him.
So I'm not sure what we can do about this problem.

But maybe you can do me a favour (Jim, Michael).  Can you test whether
CoLo is able to load a kernel via the network (either NFS or tftp).
In other words, is it only the 2.6 kernel that doesn't work or CoLo
too?

CoLo resets the network phy when it starts up, therefore if CoLo crashes early on you'll see the link light go out just after the 2700 loads CoLo. This can happen if for some reason CoLo thinks it should use (the non-existent) on-board serial port. If this is your problem just push the buttons to net boot the 2700 and just after you get the "Net Booting" message press the "clear" button with the end of a pencil or something and hold it until CoLo pops up the "console on/off" menu. At this point select "console off" and you're on your way. From here it is probably worth looking in the logs of your NFS server (or with tcpdump) to check that CoLo loads the kernel/initrd.

I've fixed all this serial port nonsense in the next release of CoLo.

HTH,

P.