Re: Exception while loading kernel

Il giorno sab, 25/08/2007 alle 16.25 +0100, Thiemo Seufer ha scritto:
> Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > compiled the latest kernel 2.6.22.4 using the .config from Debian
> > linux-image-2.6.22-1-r5k_ip32 and activating CONFIG_NFSD_V4 and a few
> > network device drivers.
> > The command I used was:
> >
> > $ fakeroot make-kpkg --revision 2:2.6.22 \
> > 	--append-to-version -1gs-r5k-ip32 --arch-in-name buildpackage
> >
> > When I boot an O2 r5k with this kernel, I get this error message:
>
> Have you tried the ELF32 variant (vmlinux.32)?

I tried now, but I get the very same result.

[...]
> > If I understand correctly, the kernel was executing the __bzero function
> > and tried accessing the invalid address 0xfffff000.
>
> It could be any of:
> - broken RAM
> - Arcboot messing up the kernel load, so __bzero runs invalid code
> - __bzero gets called with wrong parameters

Is there anything I can try? The only thing I may say is that this O2 is
up and running since two years and only have 128Mb of RAM, so I believe
that every bit of these memory modules are working right.

May I collect more useful information on the serial line?

Thanks,
Giuseppe