Re: indigo2 installation woes

Peter Plessas wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> trying to install Debian on my Indigo2, using the .iso from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/mips/iso-cd/
>
> I have no possibility to boot via network right now.
>
> The cdrom drive is an external scsi one, which is terminated and usually
> works well.
>
> The Indigo2 doesn't boot the cd directly, nor via the "install system
> software" entry in the sgi startup menu.

It is supposed to work that way. However, the "Loading program segment ..."
line in the screenshot looks suspicious. Have you checked the CD image is
ok? Next, does the CDROM drive support 512 byte blocks, as required by the
machine's firmware? Finally, it could be a problem with flaky RAM, as it
occasionally happens due to oxidizing contacts. Re-seating the RAM modules
in their sockets might make a difference.

Thiemo