Re: Netboot Debian on Indy

Sounds like you need an intermediate boot loader. Honestly, I've had issues getting my custom kernels to load directly, even from the volume header of the disk unless I used an intermediate boot loader, then they are fine. (That was IP32 arch.)

Arcload supposedly supports pulling the kernel by TFTP and comes in 32 and 64 bit flavors for the appropriate target arches.

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/ARCLoad

Not sure if it will help in your specific situation or not, but worth a look.

-S-