Re: Renaming eth0 on SGI O2

* Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org> [2007-05-09 22:44]:
> now that my SGI uses two network cards, I tried to rename them as eth100
> and eth10 changing the file /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules
> as I usually do on other machines.
>
> The problem is that the pci network adapter interface have been
> correctly renamed, while the internal SGI MACE eth0 doesn't.
>
> Is this even possible? Should I report a bug against what package?

Not sure.  Might be a udev problem, a kernel bug, or a user error.

First of all, are you sure you didn't make a typo or something like
that?

Marco: SGI MACE is a built-in device on a SGI O2.  How would we check
whether this driver, drivers/net/meth.c, supports renaming properly or
whatever is needed to get udev going?  Otherwise, if this is a udev
issue, what command should Giuseppe run to gather the information you
need to track this down?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/