Re: Debian on Asus WL500g Premium

Stefan Monnier:

> The wl-500g Premium has a 4704 CPU running at 266MHz.
>
> In comparison, depending on the model the wrt54g can have a 4710 at 125MHz
> or a 4712 at 200MHz or a 5352 at 200MHz or even a 5354 at 240MHz.

I think I have a model with a 4712 CPU. And a web search confirmed my
numbers on OpenVPN throughput.

> So depending on the precise wrt54g model you had, you can expect up to a 2x
> speed up.  I personally own a wrtsl54gs (with a 4704 at 266MHz, like the
> Premium) and can get SSH to go upto almost 600kB/s, so I'd guess your wrt54g
> is a 125MHz one.

Hm, then I guess it depends on the encryption algorithm (and probably
key size) in use. Unfortunately, I shut myself out of the device by
aborting an upgrade of busybox, so I cannot test right now. :-/

J.
--
I eat meat and am concerned about bugs which are resistant to
antibiotics.