Re: Exception while loading kernel

Hi Giuseppe,

I think I'm getting a clue what is happening to your kernel. Would you please do an "ls -l" in your /boot and tell me exactly HOW BIG your System.map and kernel files are? :)

I took your config as is from the link below and pulled the linux-mips source, built it and then made a fascinating discovery when I tried to set it up for a boot.

The System.map was OVER 50 MEGS, and the kernel weighed in at a HEFTY 87 MEGS.

In the various parts of the kernel config, you will see some options for the kernel sysmbol table, driver symbols, etc... Try turning some of those off. In particular, I noticed in your config:

CONFIG_UNUSED_SYMBOLS=y

I suspect you are stressing things that haven't been looked at lately.

Anyway, rebuild with some things turned off, and let us know if your little blue box still explodes.

Regards,

-S-