Need help tracing a build gcc/binutils related build failure on mips/mipsel

Hi,

I need help with figuring out build failures on mips and mipsel of my package
"scribus". See the following build logs:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=scribus&ver=1.3.3.9.dfsg%2B20070716svn-1&arch=mips&stamp=1184647802&file=log

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=scribus&ver=1.3.3.9.dfsg%2B20070716svn-1&arch=mipsel&stamp=1184630047&file=log

It is characteristic that a previous upload failed on arm, but the latest one
referenced above does not. People who looked at these seem to think that there
is a problem with gcc/binutils on mips/mipsel.

I'm looking into fileloader.cpp trying to figure out what could be throwing
assembler off the fringe, but it would be extremely helpful if someone traced
a failed build.

Thanks,

Alex.