ethtool utility on BCM91480b system

All,

I’m using ethtool version 5 on a Broadcom BCM91480b system.  The utility is not able to communicate with the onboard 1Gbps Ethernet PHYs.  When running ethtool, the message “No data available” is obtained.  I obtained identical results when using ethtool with a BCM91250a system.  I’d like to ask if anyone else has encountered this scenario with ethtool?  If so, do you have suggestions regarding how ethtool can be used successfully with the Ethernet PHYs in this system?

Thanks,

Gary