Re: vsftpd on IP27

Thiemo Seufer wrote:

>>> This might be a flaw in the ip27 kernel. Currently there is no offical
>>> Debian kernel for ip27. Which kernel version from what source do you use?
>>>

>>> Thiemo
>>>
>> I've tried this under two kernels with identical results:  The first of
>> which is your 2.6.12 kernel which you have under experimental, and a
>> 2.6.17 which I pulled from Debian sources (linux-source-2.6.17-9), and
>> patched from here:
>>
>>   ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/ralf/ip27
>>
>> I've yet to try a 2.6.18 kernel now that the sources are in testing.
>>

> Please try that one, if it fails the same way, report the failure log to
> linux-mips@linux-mips.org.
>

> Thiemo

I just rebooted into the 2.6.18 kernel - same thing.  There really is no
failure log as nothing is posted to any log.... only the output
mentioned above.  I haven't been able to reproduce the Data bus error
previously described above with 2.6.18, but that is the only difference
(printk support is compiled in).  So my question is this: should I still
post to linux-mips, and if so what?  Secondly, if this is a kernel bug,
why would vsftpd run w/out a config file?

-Chad