Re: kernel newer than 2.6.17 on qube

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:48:58AM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Gerald Waugh <gwaugh@frontstreetnetworks.com> [2006-12-18 09:20]:
> > I have a CacheRaQ2 with the 2.4 kernel acting as the dhcp/nfs server.
> >   Address 192.168.1.55 eth0
> >   Listening 192.168.0.0 eth1
> > When I boot the RaQ2+ using dhcp it gets address from dhcp/nfs server.

Great, so what's the problem?

> > This was a test to see if the RaQ2+ could get IP config from dhcp/nfs
> > server.

What test? Whether the IP adresses match if you boot in a different way?

> Sounds like your dhcp or nfs server is not configured properly.  Does
> it work with other machines?

Why? Please note that he has two ethernet ports and probably only one is
connected to the dhcp/nfs server. Different IPs are not wrong in this
case.

The original message was just useless to me, it didn't described any
problem.

Jens