debian on cobalt raq1

Hi all,
	I tried installing debian etch on a cobalt raq1 using Martin's
instructions at http://cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/install.html.  I'm able
to boot and load colo, select either the ssh or serial method, however
after selecting either method the box hangs.  I also tried using the
netboot images located at
http://people.debian.org/~ths/d-i/mipsel/images/daily/ which seems to be
the same thing with a 2.6.18 based kernel, however I have the same
problem.  Is anyone successfully running etch on a raq1?  Any
suggestions on what I could do to load etch on this box would be
appreciated.  In the past I encountered the bug with hard drive and
serial access at the same time, however it looks like that bug has now
been fixed.

thanks,
--
Daniel Spratlen <dan@spratlen.net>