RE: Cobalt Cacheraq2

You wrote;
> Hello . I would like to know if any one had install Debian or
> any other
> distro in the cobalt Cacheraq2 equipment. Please reply or
> send me the links
> that would help me.

Yes, we are running debian on CacheRaQ 2.
The CacheRaQ2 is a RaQ2+ without the SCSI port.

We are currently using Martin's base system
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/no-serial.html
Although it says "no-serial" we found that serial does work  until
inittab runs / see below 'inittab'

We did make some mods to it.

In the item "Mount the disk somewhere:"

  % mount /dev/hdc2 /mnt
  % mkdir /mnt/boot
  % mount /dev/hdc1 /mnt/boot
  Added: mkdir /mnt/home
  Added: mount /dev/hdc6 /mnt/home

Edited /etc/inittab to enable ttyS0 console.
Unhashed the line below to accomplish this.

  # Example how to put a getty on a serial line (for a terminal)
  # did this==========
    T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 115200 vt102

Changed /etc/etc/rcS.d to allow hwclockfirst.sh to start before
checkroot.sh

  cd /etc/rcS.d
  mv S10hwclockfirst.sh S08hwclockfirst.sh

Gerald