Re: Etch running on an emulated DECstation

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 07:16:36PM +1000, Paul Whittaker wrote:
> FYI, I have Etch working on an actual DECsystem 5000/260.  The
> Debianised 2.6.16.2 kernel works OK (although kernels that I have
> subsequently built myself based on the latest Debian patch set have
> strange DZ serial console problems), but the Etch Beta 3 netinst
> installer CD is badly broken (and still was in daily snapshots as at
> about a week ago).  I had to use a Sarge netinst CD to bootstrap to
> stable and then upgrade to testing from there.

Yay, working 2.6 install, that's great news !

You refer to a working 2.6.16.2 kernel, is that vmlinux-2.6.16-2-r3k-kn02
with a size of 3760367 bytes ? Because that one definitely does not work
well with the emulator. Could be an emulator bug though.

Cheers,

--
Michel "Walken" Lespinasse
"Bill Gates is a monocle and a Persian cat away from being the villain