SGI O2 available for use

Hi All:

We have a number of SGI O2 machines (both R5000 and R10000 as I recall). Of a total of about 8 machines, I think I have 4-5 functional and unused for other projects. 4 of the R5000's have Debian installed and I have consolidated most of the RAM in one of them for use as a build machine for my packages.

The R10000 machines are not up right now because the IRIX was woefully out of date and insecure and I know that Debian is not really functional on this hardware (as of last year anyway.

Is there any interest in making use of these machines? I believe that I could keep them located here at IIT if desired.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics