Re: Debian on a Qube 1: SSH connection refused: Success!

I tried the same lines added to the apache2 init script:
set -e
set -x
 exec > /tmp/apache2.startup.log 2>&1

Result: apache2 also starts up at boot, no errors in the log.
Conclusion:
If the "exec" line ist present, the services (sshd, mysql, apache2)
start up at boot successfully, whatever is given to "set".
If the "exec" line is removed/disabled, the services fail to start up
at boot with "set -e", but I can't see the reason, because there's
nothing logged to the system log files, and the Qube is headless.

Any ideas, ehat else I can do to get the services starting up
at boot without "patching" their init scripts?
--
Pepillo