Re: Debian on a Qube 1: SSH connection refused

On Jun 25, 2006, at 7:03 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Pepillo <pepillo@gmx.de> [2006-06-22 20:58]:
to look for same error messages in the log files.
Found nothing from sshd in "auth.log", just Martin's old entrys.
Guess that sshd does not come up, but how to verify that?

You could edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and increase the verbosity of
logging.  Apart from that, I don't know what to suggest since I'm not
quite sure why it wouldn't work.

Add a new init script, that does lots of logging into a file you can later retrieve; i.e. pstree -p, lsof -i TCP, ifconfig -a, that sort of thing.

Also get the script to ping machines on your network that should be available, and also start a reverse tunnel ssh connection going out; i.e. ssh testuserwithnopassword@workingmachine -R 1234:localhost:22 which should (if I read the man page correctly!) make an outgoing connection to workingmachine, and then allow port workingmachine:1234 to tunnel into your qube. Well, it'll not be easy, but it might be worth a try.

-jim