Re: Network speed on Cobalt RaQ's

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vincent Vandeweijer" <v.p.vandeweijer@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: Network speed on Cobalt RaQ's

Have the same here on my Raq2....

I tried a non journalled fs (ext2) and it improved (to roughly 3500kb/s). Not
the right way though :(

Maybe see if some unnecessary services are running?

Hi Vincent, thanks for sharing this. I could try ext2'ing my /home folder where most of the stuff that moves is located ... but there is no useless service running (apache, bind, wu-ftpd, sshd, dhcpd, smtp, pop3) and the average load is very low (usually ranges from 0.01 to 0.02)

I'm gonna give the ext2 option a try and I'll let you guys know how it goes

Frank