Re: Installing debian on O2

I got it working now installing the kernel image you mentioned.
Term variable was missing or something, as it wouldn't process the files after download.
Booted up nicely just now.

From: "Espen Smelror Hestdal" <espenshestdal@hotmail.com>
To: debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Installing debian on O2
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:03:47 +0000

This is the image i'm using. Downloaded it 3 days ago or so.
Cpu is an rm5200 300MHz

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
To: Espen Smelror Hestdal <espenshestdal@hotmail.com>
CC: debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:58:20 +0100

* Espen Smelror Hestdal <espenshestdal@hotmail.com> [2006-11-23 16:56]:
> I checked the syslog and it says :
> base-installer : info: unable to determine kernel flavour
> This message repeats a few times, then :
> base-installer : info : Found kernels ''

The only explanation I have is that the installer image you have is
out of date.  The link on my web page was out of date until a few days
ago so depending on the day you downlaoded it you might still have an
old image.  Can you try again with
ftp://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-mips/current/images/r5k-ip32/netboot-boot.img
just to make sure.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/