Re: Network speed on Cobalt RaQ2's - Any updates?

Thanks for your advice everyone!

I've upgraded to a 2.6 kernel, switched from ext3 to ext2, and used hdparm -d1 to enable DMA and now I'm getting 2.6mb/s via FTP. It is far from the 100mbit speed connexion but at least its a tad bit faster than 1.5mb/s :)

Frank

Vincent Vandeweijer wrote:
My Raq2 is not the fastest machine on the block either...
What protocol do you use? NFS, SMB, FTP, SFPT(SSH).... NFS (kernel) is
probably the fastest option. Further I found that ext2 gives you also a speed
increase above ext3 (as suspected...). Another thing you could try is using
hdparm to tune your HD. For instance the "default" was to have dma off,
switching it on already makes quite a difference. But when using hdparm watch
out for system instability...

Good luck,

Vincent

(PS you should find some more info on this subject, if i remember correctly it
was discussed earlier)