Re: 2.6 for DECstation, d-i

* Ulrich Teichert <krypton@ulrich-teichert.org> [2006-05-02 23:07]:
> >Ulrich, did you manage to test these?
> Jupp, but it looks like my answer has been drowned into spam-sea.

Sorry, it's entirely possible that I missed it.

> Anyway, the install itself worked flawlessly (TFTP boot, serial
> console, I used the daily build from 2006-04-17).
> The right kernel got selected, the DECstation was made bootable
> by the installer and all was well:

No problems at all?  Well, that's good news!

The next step is to get a 2.6 kernel for DECstation (both 3K and 4K)
into the archive, and then we can switch to 2.6 (all mips/mipsel
subarches have 2.6 as default now except for DECstation) and get rid
of 2.4.

Ulrich, can you take the linux-2.6 source package from unstable and
then make a .config for 3K and test whether it works (both serial
console and frame buffer).  Once you have a working kernel config, I
can add it to the package.  Can you do 4K too?

Thanks.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/