Re: gcj-4.1 on mips

* Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> [2006-04-03 22:51]:
> Please could somebody look at the usability of gcj on mips? The
> ecj-bootstrap package did fail to build from source before on mips
> with 4.0, so at least it's not a regression.

This looks like an upstream problem with gcj on mips, so I'm CCing Tom

Tom, the build log is at
The build fails with:

gij-4.1 \
            -classpath build/bootstrap/ecj.jar:/usr/share/ant/lib/ant.jar \
            org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main \
            -bootclasspath /usr/share/java/libgcj-4.1.jar \
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass (libgcj.so.7)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass (libgcj.so.7)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass (libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (libgcj.so.7)
   at java.lang.Class.forName (libgcj.so.7)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run (libgcj.so.7)
make: *** [build/stamp] Error 1

Martin Michlmayr