Re: Which machine as pbuilder?

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 10:17:08PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Since my Indigo and m68k are gone...
>
> I am developing some Programs which must run under all Debian
> supported architectures.  I have installed a little network of
> pbuilder (m68k, i386, amd64, ia64, ppc, mips and sparc) and
> like to know, which machine is suitable for a private pbuilder?
>
> I am not ritch, so I am searching for a small used one.
>
> Also I have setup a public "pbuilder" where peoples can upload
> there sources via Webinterface and can test it on a selected
> architecture.  But this Server is currently not online.  I hope,
> I will get in the next two weeks a new internt connection @home.
>
> Oh yes, like you see in my signature, I am in Strasbourg and if
> you want to give up a small suitable machine (prefered 19") for
> this Network, please let me know.
[...]

Hopefully I understood your question.

I'm doing something similar at home (8 hardware architectures so
far). For mips, I'm using a SiliconGraphics Indy CMN B006Y87 R4400
(175MHz CPU, 128MiB RAM, 2GiB SCSI HDD). For m68k, I'm using an
Apple Macintosh Quadra 650 (Motorola 68040 33MHz CPU, 56MiB RAM,
2GiB SCSI HDD). Not especially fast machines, but pretty easily
obtainable and relatively inexpensive... both fit nicely on a 19"
rack/cabinet shelf (plus 2U for the Indy, 3U for the Quadra). There
are a lot of huge packages these are far too underpowered to build,
but for the small stuff I write, they work just fine.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);