network problem

Hi Guys

I got a strange problem with my qube2.

I use it to connect 2 different networks, the final goal is to do a firewall with it.

The problem is, if I start a large transfert from the network connected to eth1 to the network under eth0, all the connections to and from eth0 are becoming extremly slow : ping with more than 500.000 ms, impossible any more to open a connection with ssh,...

However, if I do a reset of the network, with /etc/init.d/network restart, the interface become normal again.

I've found this in syslog :  kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

My kernel is  2.4.27-r5k-cobalt.
My interface options file contains this :

ip_forward=yes
spoofprotect=yes
syncookies=no

My interface file contains this :