Re: MS Software compatibility with Debian ?.

Wicked Technology wrote:
Just wondering how compatible the os is when running MS software ?.

Regards,

Colin D

No idea... first, what OS?  Linux, Hurd, FreeBSD??  Debian maintain a
couple, although Linux is their main focus.

Also, I think you're talking to the wrong list -- unless you're talking
about Win32/MIPS.  The only two versions of Windows known to run on
MIPS-based machines is Windows NT (namely on the Olivetti
M700-10/Jazz[1] arch) and Windows CE.

Compatability: Nil.  No one AFAIK has bothered porting WINE to
Linux/MIPS, and there are no plans to do so.  Very few Windows programs
are known to work on Win32/MIPS (most Windows apps are Win32/x86... and
of course Win64/AMD64 is in its infancy) so it doesn't seem worthwhile.

| Stuart Longland -oOo- http://stuartl.longlandclan.hopto.org |
| Atomic Linux Project     -oOo-    http://atomicl.berlios.de |
| I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |
1. http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/index.php/Jazz