Re: Debian Woody on SGI O2 -- SUCCESS

Il giorno mer, 12-01-2005 alle 21:14 +0100, debian-mips@perkamentus.com
ha scritto:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 04:19:58PM -0500, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> > I just installed Debian on my O2 thanks to the new image from Martin
> > (http://www.cyrius.com/debian/o2/).  However, I'm running into the
> > same problems with X as described previously in this thread ("gbefb:
> > cmap FIFO timeout" and "(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid
> > argument").  Are there any updates to this?  Thanks for any tips.
>
> Anyone with a working X on an O2 already? If so, please let me now how
> to do it then. I've trying all kind of different settings, but no luck
> yet. Thanks in advance.

I was told that the problem (about a colormap register) was fixed in any
kernel available during the last month. Do you have any? I recompiled
new versions from CVS but it seems I am unable to boot them since
arcboot only handle machines with at least 128Mb of RAM (with recent
kernels.)

Bye,
Giuseppe