Re: Is it possible to build a RaQ2 using PPP?

vizi0n (debian-mips) wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm currently using my RaQ2+ as an "unstable" router (kernel not fixed) but
> due to various problems with my hard drive I would need to reinstall this
> "half functional" machine.
>
> My question is: right now it's being used as my router (eth0 = lan, eth1 =
> dsl modem) and since I have to reinstall it, is there any way during the
> setup process that I can have it configure an internet access before trying
> to fetch the packages and all from the repository?

I guess your Internet access works via PPPOE, this would mean you need
a complete base installation before you can set up the PPPOE connection.

The .debs needed for a base installation are the same as the ones
included on the 100 MB "netinst" installer ISO. A while ago I wrote
a script which creates a minimal partial mirror sufficient for a base
installation, available from the d-i SVN:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/scripts/testmirror?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Thiemo