Re: boot from cdrom / tftp on DECstation?

Sonnie Hook wrote:
> Will it be better to replace my netbsd into debian on DECstation5k/260(3MAX+)?
>
> I have burned a CD from debian-testing-mipsel-binary-1.iso and don't
> know how to write
> the correct boot parameter.

This information can be found in the README file of the delo-0.8
bootloader, it doesn't seem to be available in Googlespace.

boot 3/rz0 1/vmlinux

should do what you want, assuming rz0 is your CDROM drive.

> Now I am trying to use the TFTP way, but there seems to be no newer
> kernel image than woody.

That's covered by the installation Manual:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/mipsel/ch04.html.en

Thiemo