Re: Please update GCC version on autobuilders

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 04:03:45AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> on "rem" (mipsel) and "ball" (mips),
> kaffe failed to build because
>   ecj-bootstrap: Depends: gij-4.0 (>= 4.0.1-7) but it is not installable
>                  Depends: libgcj6-common but it is not going to be installed

> This seems to point to an out-of-date version of gij/libgcj/etc on the
> buildds.  Please install the versions from unstable (4.0.1-9, or
> if it's built in time, 4.0.2-1) and then requeue kaffe.

No, it points to the fact that gij doesn't exist on mips*.  The new version
of kaffe is not buildable on mips/el; this is in contrast to the old version
of kaffe, which I'm told was buildable but not runable.

The maintainers have already been in contact with the release team about
this.