Re: libqalculate FTBFS on mips* (ball, rem)

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
[...]
> > > This looks like the library tries to garbage collect from a global
> > > constructor while the data it works on is still NULL.
> >
> > Sounds like it, but is there a reason why it happens only on mips ?
>
> I haven't seen anything mips-specific there. The compiler flags
> settings in cln's debian/rules don't exactly inspire confidence in
> the source code,

...or the compiler, to be precise.  :)

Anyway, that problem above is fixed by changing the inline asm for the
jump instructions CLN uses to order static object initialization from
    __asm__ __volatile__ ("%*j %0" : : "d" ((void*)(addr)))
    __asm__ __volatile__ ("b " #addr)
Just out of curiousity: there was an ABI change or why did I have to
modify that?

Regards
  -richy.
--