Re: kernel compile on cobalt raq2

On 6/10/05, Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> wrote:
> Link wrote:
> > I've been trying to compile a kernel for my newly-acquired raq2
> > machine.  I've been running into a lot of problems.  I've tried several
> > 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels.  I've tried from kernel.org and
> > linux-mips.org.  With and without patches.  Tried the patches from the
> > colo site.  I've tried using the debian kernel source.  On some kernels
> > I get compiler errors, others it will compile but things won't work
> > right, like the network will be flaky.  I can go into detail if needed,
> > but what I'd really like is if someone could let me know what specific
> > one they've gotten to work, with or without patches.  2.4/2.6, doesn't
> > matter at this point.  Then at least I'll have a known-good starting
> > point, and start troubleshooting from there if still needed.
>
> Does the debian kernel binary work? If yes, the corresponding source
> would be the the starting point. A recompile of it with the debian
> toolchain should produce the same kernel as distributed.

The binary does work, but it's 2.4.18, which has a significant
security issue, if I remember correctly (ptrace bug, I think), so I
need higher than that, at least.

-Ryan

--
I have often wondered if the majority of mankind ever pause to reflect
upon the occasionally titanic significance of dreams, and of the