Re: Is it now safe to upgrade?

Ooops! I decided to follow the old maxim of "if it ain't broken, break it" - in the interests of others who want to do the same to their Cobalt machines. Things didn't go smoothly. I tried to install aptitude (after apt-get update) as suggested in the release notes but it caused a failure with libc6 and wouldn't install. So I decided to see what might happen by going down the apt-get install dist-upgrade route. Eventually, I got to a similar/the same libc6 error.
Unpacking replacement libc6 ...
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 176
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.3.2.ds1-22_mipsel.deb (--unpack):
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 176
bash: Do: command not found
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
debian:/home/matt# Any (simple) pointers on how to fix this would be most gratefully recieved :)
Many thanks,
Matt