Re: GD Library on MIPS

On Thu, 2005-04-28 17:16:20 +0200, Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> wrote:
> Inpreet Singh wrote:
> > Sir I am using gd library on Linux intel processor sucessfully but now I
> > want to do same on MIPS. I don't know to how install, configure and test
> > gd library on MIPS. Sir please give me some clue or link to study for
> > the same.
> >
> > I tried to configure gd library compilation using following command from
> > linux intel processor:
> >
> > ./configure --host=mips
> > and it makes Makefile with some differences
> > host_triplet = mips-unknown-elf
> > host = mips-unknown-elf
> > host_alias = mips
> > host_cpu = mips
>
> This can't work on a linux system. Try "./configure --host=mips-linux"

Erm, I guess he isn't even hosted on a MIPS machine, but works on a
PeeCee using Linux or Windows... But that's only a guess, most important
information is missing :)

In that case, he want to supply --target=mips-linux. Hopefully, he's got
a mips-linux-gcc and all the C runtime stuff...

> > Also I have downloaded debian packages for gd library on MIPS processor
> > but don't know how to install them. I tried dpkg command but it shows no
> > such command. So sir please help me out.
>
> "dpkg -i <package>.deb" should work.

Continuing guesswork, he hasn't got a Debian system around :)  Hint:
*.deb packages are just an archive format--and there's a well-known
archive extractor that will dismantle a .deb into basically two
tarballs, of which one contains the actual files.

So guessing about the archive format is homework, as well as looking up
"alien linux" on Google...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O