Re: GD Library on MIPS

On Thu, 2005-04-28 17:16:20 +0200, Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> wrote:
> Inpreet Singh wrote:
> > Sir I am using gd library on Linux intel processor sucessfully but now I
> > want to do same on MIPS. I don't know to how install, configure and test
> > gd library on MIPS. Sir please give me some clue or link to study for
> > the same.
> >
> > I tried to configure gd library compilation using following command from
> > linux intel processor:
> >
> > ./configure --host=mips
> > and it makes Makefile with some differences
> > host_triplet = mips-unknown-elf
> > host = mips-unknown-elf
> > host_alias = mips
> > host_cpu = mips
> This can't work on a linux system. Try "./configure --host=mips-linux"

Erm, I guess he isn't even hosted on a MIPS machine, but works on a
PeeCee using Linux or Windows... But that's only a guess, most important
information is missing :)

In that case, he want to supply --target=mips-linux. Hopefully, he's got
a mips-linux-gcc and all the C runtime stuff...

> > Also I have downloaded debian packages for gd library on MIPS processor
> > but don't know how to install them. I tried dpkg command but it shows no
> > such command. So sir please help me out.
> "dpkg -i <package>.deb" should work.

Continuing guesswork, he hasn't got a Debian system around :)  Hint:
*.deb packages are just an archive format--and there's a well-known
archive extractor that will dismantle a .deb into basically two
tarballs, of which one contains the actual files.

So guessing about the archive format is homework, as well as looking up
"alien linux" on Google...

Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O
 fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet! |   im Irak!   O O O