freeze crash with Debian Sarge and Kernel 2.4

Hi

I have serveral problems with Debian Sarge and Mips processor.

My machine is a Cobalt Qube2, with 32 megs of Ram and a disk of 6 gbs.

I installed the base system with the prodecure on this web site :
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/sarge.html

The problem is, the system is freezing when I'm using the reverse
proxy (with Apache 1.3).

What is wrong ? is that a known problem ?

I can't find anything in the logs regarding the crash of the machine,
neither on the serial console.

Is that possible that my machine is freezing because of a too small
swap partition (90 megs) ?

Thanks in advance

Johan