installing on Origin 200
I need some help to install Debian on an Origin 200.
What I have:
- Dual 180MHz, 448MB RAM, cdrom, a few internal disks
- works, runs IRIX
What I have tried so far:
- booting a kernel from the network. I can see a lot of kernel
messages, but it always dies and says that it can't mount the
root filesystem. I tried setting up NFSroot and I also connected
one of the harddisk to my PC and dbootstraped a filesystem on it.
What I might do wrong:
- wrong bootflags. What's the correct bootflags for NFSroot
or root on a local disk?
- something wrong with dbootstrap? Although that seems unlikely
- Anything wrong with the kernel? I tried a few precompiled kernel
that are available on the net.
There is certainly no purpose in remaining in the dark
except long enough to clear from the mind
the illusion of ever having been in the light.