16Mbps max Qube2 eth0 throughput?

I've been tinkering with my qube2 for several years now and have never
been able to wring more than about 16Mbps of speed transfering files
via ftp over the eth0 interface.  Has anyone been able to get speeds
higher than that or is it normal to be this slow?

I've been trying to compile a module to use a 3c905b pci card to see
if it can transfer any faster but so far haven't figure out how.  Has
anyone been able to do this or is it broken?

Hardware specs: Qube2, 64mb ram, serial port, 160gb harddrive, latest
Debian (sarge) 2.4 kernel