qube 2 install

Hi,

I've been trying to install Debian on a Cobalt Qube 2800, and I've come across a problem:

Using the excellent How-to provided by Martin Michlmayr, I was able to get the Debian Installer loaded (lcd screen lists "Welcome to Debian Installer:). However, if I try to connect to the qube via the serial port, I can't really make out the debian installer screen. I connect via:

screen /dev/ttyS0 115200

By playing with the arrow keys, I can manupulate the screen somewhat, but I cannot make out enough to actually complete an install. Is there something I'm doing wrong here (terminal settings, etc.)? Many thanks in advance.

Jeremiah Diephuis