Re: R10000 / R5000 and Debian

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:39:44PM +0200, Pawel Tecza wrote:
> > It means you tried to install a kernel for SGI Indy/Indigo2 aka ip22
> > on a SGI O2 aka ip32 machine. This can't possibly work. The kernel
> > support for O2 is currently close to be useful and stable, but is
> > unlikely to get ready before sarge.
>
> Thank you very much for you reply! Now I understand it. Can I use the images
> from http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/mips/current/?
> If so, what image is proper for me? Unfortunately I haven't got a permanent
> Internet connection, but I can burn CDs with Sarge.

What he means is, Debian does not currently support IP32 MIPS
architectures and still likely won't when Sarge is released.
Preliminary support might appear in Sid in a few months but right
now, unless you're comfortable cross-compiling an IP32 Linux kernel
on some other platform and helping with its development, you'll have
to wait. Sorry.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);