Re: Qube 'Sarge' problem

* Gerald Waugh <gwaugh@frontstreetnetworks.com> [2004-08-24 05:45]:
> I down loaded colo-1.12.tar.gz, but not sure how to install it on
> the NFS server. I did read the INSTALL instructions, but do I use
> the 'chain' method?

Yes, 'chain' method merely means that you use Cobalt's firmware to
load CoLo rather than burning CoLo to the ROM (which overwrites the
original firmware).  You'd create /nfsroot on an NFS server and put
the CoLo 1.12 binary there as vmlinuz.gz (with symlinks to that file
from vmlinux_RAQ.gz and vmlinux_raq-2800.gz; each model looks for a
different filename), and a symlink from /nfsroot/boot to /nfsroot.
Then, start the Cobalt and activate network booting by pressing the
left and right key together.  See my HOWTO at
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/sarge.html which describes
basically all of this.

> BTW are there any rom image files available for the cobalt-mips?
> We have an eeprom programmer.

http://www.colonel-panic.org/cobalt-mips/colo/colo-1.12.tar.gz
contains a rom image and instructions (cf README.restore).
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com