Re: synching non-free packages for sarge

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> One problem with this is that for non-free packages it is unclear if
> it is even allowed to build them. Ofhand I know of one (pine) which

Right, I well understand why the autobuilders stick to main.

> It would be nice to have a list of packages in contrib/non-free that
> may legally be autobuild and that can be autobuild with free software
> alone.

Agreed, though buildd maintainers should of course still have the
right to limit their machines to main.

> I scheduled bsdgames-nonfree for build on magix (inofficial mipsel
> buildd). Its currently building k3d and bsdgames-nonfree will be next.

Thanks, though as I mentioned elsewhere in the thread, I'm more
concerned about the existing outdated binaries for arm and mips than
the lack of a mipsel binary, which may become out of date and hard to
update down the road.

> The amd64 wanna-build includes contrib/non-free ignoring the fact that
> packages might not legally be build. Once amd64 enters sid that
> probably changes unless the above mentioned whitelist can be made.

Ah. ;-)

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.