Re: cd boot

Enrique Morfin wrote:
> hi!
>
> I have saved all the data i needed from irix, and want
> to install debian on a inidgo2 (R4000), 2G HD, 136M
> RAM, cdrom (no ploppy).

What graphics does it have? (You can find out via the "hinv" firmware
command.) Only the XL is supported, other mmachines can only use serial
console.

> How do i boot the install cd?(manual doesn't says
> that, just say boot from cd, but doesn't explain how)
>
> the irix install cd boot ok, but debian cd don't boot.
> What i have to boot from cd?

The woody CDs are not bootable. A beta CD which has not much more than
the new debian-installer and the base system is available from
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/mips/current/sarge-mips-netinst.iso

Please give it a try and send an installation report to debian-boot,
further information is available from

> The irix install cd can boot from the firmware (boot
> -f dksc(X,Y,8)sashARCS, etc.) or from install
> software, both methods fail for debian install cd.

"boot -f dksc(X,Y,8)r4k-ip22" or "...r5k-ip22" should work for the one
mentioned above.

Thiemo