debian on origin200

Hi,

i have here Origin200 and want to pu debian on it. Until now i'have been using
slackware, so my host machine is slack10.0 at the moment.

I found LINUX-IP27-HOWTO and other similar docs at
http://members.optusnet.com.au/clausen/sgi/

After downloading all debian-mips ISOs, i prepared 1st for "repacking".
Actually, I am at the moment of compiling a kernel for ip27. I have found
kernel-ip27 config but it doesn't work (?), so i used deefault (?) for
/usr/src/linux/arch/mips/kernel (or some similar path, i am not at my machine)
and when it tries to compile sais something like:

"cannot find mips64-..-gcc .."

I suppose that I have to recompile my gcc (3.3.4) with some kind of support
for mip64 platfrom?

Am I missing something or I am on the right way? Thanks...