Is ext2/LVM2 working on mips?

Hi all,
I have some logical volumes mounted as ext3 file system. They are
working well, but every time I resize a fs, it gets corrupted and I have
to create a new fs from scratch. This is the error:

root@sgi:~# lvextend -L +256M /dev/sgivg/locallv
  Extending logical volume locallv to 768,00 MB
  Logical volume locallv successfully resized
root@sgi:~# ext2resize /dev/sgivg/locallv
ext2resize v1.1.17 - 2001/03/18 for EXT2FS 0.5b
ext2resize: ext2_open: invalid superblock
ext2resize: can't open /dev/sgivg/locallv
root@sgi:~#

I checked that this is a known problem (#258232) for ext2resize when
working on ext3 filesystems, but it doesn't work even for plain ext2
filesystems.

Does anyone have the same problem? What filesystem are you using on
mips?

Thanks,
Giuseppe