Re: Debian Woody on SGI O2 -- SUCCESS

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:09:05 +0100, Giuseppe Sacco
<giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org> wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 19-11-2004 alle 19:57 +0100, totalkheops ha scritto:
> > Hi I got an o2 like you with 128 megs of Ram,R5k , so I installed a
> > debian with your way, thanks for the details.
> [...]
> > booting ....
> > ... then during the linux kernel booting, the sgi shutdown, no more power.
> > Now I can't start the o2. The On/Off button don't do anything, i don't
> > know what hapened !!?? I don't know what to do to see which part of
> > the hardware crashed.
> >
> > aaaahhhrg

I had several problems to boot, i played with a jumper on the main
board to solve the problem.

I wrote a documentation (in french) with all the steps i needed to boot my o2 :

http://www.andesi.org/index.php?node=105

hope it helps.

Now i can start X but like you the screen is powerd-off. I can go back
to a console with ctr+alt+F1. If i come boack to the vt7 i can see a
verticaly- split screen with in each part a replication of vt1.
Caracters are green (and unreadable) on black background.

Pierre.