Re: Debian Woody on SGI O2

Hi,

>I've now put sarge images for the SGI O2 (IP32) with R5K CPUs on the
>web: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/o2/  Sorry it has taken so long.
[del]

Don't worry. It took longer for me to try it out. I have an O2 at hand
with 160MB memory; it boots fine, shows me the SGIfied-penguin (cute ;-)
on the framebuffer, but when the installer screen should kick in,
it gets pitch black.

hinv (copied by hand):

System: IP32
Processor: 180 Mhz R5000, with FPU
Primary I-cache size: 32 Kbyte
Primary D-cache size: 32 Kbyte
Memory size: 160 Mbytes
Graphics: CRM, Rev C
Audio: A3 version 1
SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)
SCSI CDROM: scsi(0)cdrom(4)

The box continues to run (I can reboot with CTRL-ALT-DEL, which feels
kind of strange on SGI hardware ;-), so it's probably only an installer
issue with colors?

I can't try again now, because after boot up, my O2 thinks that it has
only 96MB. Time for reseating, cleaning and the usual rattling....

HTH anyway,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Thrown Away The Key (Thanes)