Re: Debian Woody on SGI O2

Hi Martin and all the list users,

Il giorno mar, 09-11-2004 alle 14:01 +0000, Martin Michlmayr ha scritto:
[...]
> I've now put sarge images for the SGI O2 (IP32) with R5K CPUs on the
> web: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/o2/  Sorry it has taken so long.

Today and tomorrow I will try to install debian on the O2 using your
image.  So far I already have a problem, since when I boot the machine,
using boot, the kernel is loaded, the startup procedure starts but then
I get this error:

Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via BFS, trying floppy.
VFS: Cannot open root device ram0 or unknown-block(2,0)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)

I booted the machine using this DHCP.conf:

host sgi {
        hardware ethernet 08:00:69:05:dc:0d;
        fixed-address 192.168.2.52;
        option host-name "sgi";
        filename "/boot/vmlinux64-IP32";
#       next-server 192.168.2.34;
#       option root-path "/dev/ram0";
}

and this command line:

unsetenv netaddr
bootp():/boot/vmlinux64-IP32 root=/dev/ram0

any idea on what to check or how to proceed?

Thank you,
Giuseppe