Re: gclcvs builds on mipsel, not on mips

Greetings!

Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 05:32:43PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> > Greetings!  Is there a known current compiler issue on mips (not on
> > mipsel) which could account for:
> >
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gclcvs&ver=2.7.0-32&arch=mips&stamp=1096417376&file=log&as=raw
>
> Initializing pcl_gazonk0.o
> Initializing pcl_gazonk1.o
> Initializing pcl_defcombin.o
> Initializing pcl_gazonk2.o
> Initializing pcl_gazonk3.o
>
> Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
> Error signalled by UPDATE-INITIALIZE-INFO-INTERNAL.
> Broken at SYSTEM::BREAK-LEVEL.  Type :H for Help.
> PCL>>
>
> This more implies a Hardware bug or am i wrong ?

Would be surprising.  I actually have an old Indy running stable.
Disk is too small for a chroot, so am considering upgrading to
unstable.  Anyone have comments on the advisability of this at
present? Either that or I have to figure out how to do a chroot across
NFS, if that were possible.

Take care,